When it comes to holiday shopping, Thanksgiving marks the calm before the storm. And now added to the lineup of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, when malls and websites across the country explode with shoppers, comes Small Business Saturday, falling on November 27 this year. Joining New York and other major cities in this nationwide campaign, Mayor Thomas M. Menino announced that Boston would join in on Small Business Saturday, a movement to drive shopping dollars to local merchants.
So on this upcoming shopping weekend of epic proportions, where should you go for your wedding day necessities? We’ve put together a list of some of our favorite wedding vendors in the Boston area—and of course there’s no need to wait until Cyber Monday to visit us at Bridesmaid Trade!
- Allure Invitations From custom invitations and announcements to personalized wedding gifts and stationery, Allure Invitations offers beautiful wedding necessities.
- Cakes for Occasions Based in Danvers, Cakes for Occasions is the perfect destination for your wedding or shower cake. From elaborate to simple to a fun cupcake cake, your wedding dessert dreams will be realized here!
- Chive Sustainable Event Design & Catering A big shout out to the savvy women at Chive! Building off of relationships with local farmers, fishermen, and artisans, Chive uses local food and sustainable materials to put on beautiful events all while supporting the Boston community and environment.
- Invitations & Company Specializing in invitations, but also providing place cards, programs, thank you cards, and more, be sure to check out Invitations & Company!
- Jeri Solomon Floral Design For your wedding day flower needs, look no further than Jeri Solomon Floral Design. Run by a founding member of the Boston Wedding Group, this Boston florist is the perfect person to trust with the big day’s flower arrangements.
- L’elite Voted a Best of Boston four years in a row, L’elite Bridal Boutique is your go-to for wedding gowns and accessories. Make sure to visit this boutique on Small Business Saturday to take advantage of their Thanksgiving Sale Event—20% off gowns!
- On Centre No matter who’s on your list — bridesmaids, future-mother-in-law, flower girl — “On Centre” in Jamaica Plain has you covered. The recently-expanded Centre St. favorite offers jewelry, wallets and handbags, fragrances, and beautiful gifts galore. 636 Centre St., Jamaica Plain, 617.522.2255.
- Shoes To Dye For Located in Natick, but also featuring a convenient online store, Shoes to Dye For specialized in dyeable bridal shoes. With tons of styles to choose from, as well as dyeable evening bags and accessories to match, this store is simply to “dye” for!
- Smudge Ink Over in Charlestown, Kate, Deb, and the Smudge Ink team offer beautiful custom design and printing for save-the-dates and invites. Elegant with just a touch of whimsy, announcements from Smudge Ink are sure to impress. Contact Smudge Ink directly for custom orders, or look for their work at select Boston stationery stores in your neighborhood.
- Table Artistry Located at 1514 Beacon Street in Brookline, Table Artistry is the perfect destination for your table décor needs. Offering table numbers, menus, place cards, artistic napkin folds, centerpieces, and everything in between, your wedding table arrangements will look gorgeous in the hands of Table Artistry!
For more information on Small Business Saturday, check out the campaign’s Facebook page. Backed by American Express, there are several incentives for joining the movement (even beyond the fact that small businesses create jobs and boost the economy!). Registered American Express card members who shop at a small business this Saturday will receive a $25 statement credit and participating small businesses can benefit from free advertising and promotional tools in the form of a $100 Facebook Advertising Program credit. So avoid that stampede of shoppers at Target and Best Buy this Black Friday—wait an extra day and support your favorite small businesses this Saturday!