With 2010 dwindling down to its final hours, the wedding industry is abuzz with predictions for nuptial trends in the upcoming year. Here are some of the forecasts you should keep your eye out for in 2011’s wedding world!
- Bridesmaid Dresses in Honeysuckle Each year Pantone Color Institute announces the color of the year and everyone from paint manufacturers to fashion designers take note. We’re predicting honeysuckle to make a major appearance in bridal parties this year!
- Do-It-Yourself Triumphs The DIY wedding will become mainstream in 2011 with most brides custom creating at least one of their big day elements. Austin Wedding Blog predicts flower shops will begin to offer DIY flower clinics for brides and Perfect Wedding Guide is calling for “hand-made, vintage, and rustic touches” to be showcased.
- Outdoors, Stationary, and Vintage as the Hottest Eco-Friendly Options Weddings have become increasingly eco-conscious over the years, and in 2011 saving power with outdoor weddings, reducing waste with recycled stationary paper, and reusing jewelry and décor by going vintage will be popular “green” options. We’re predicting Etsy will be the year’s leading stationary vendor with its handmade cards and eco-friendly options!
- Weddings Go Virtual Based on the 2011 Wedding Market Insight Report, it’s clear that the wedding industry’s online presence is growing. This coming year look for everything from brides using wedding planning smartphone apps, to huge increases in online shopping for wedding necessities, to Groupon and other web coupon sites targeting the wedding world with discounts.
- Pockets Make an Appearance The forum over at Project Wedding spoke, and we agree–wedding gowns and bridesmaid dresses with pockets will be big in 2011!
So what can you expect from Bridesmaid Trade in the New Year?—All the above and much more! It’s been a great year and we can’t wait for an exciting 2011!