It’s the season for giving and that’s exactly what we’re doing here at Bridesmaid Trade this week! Starting today and ending Friday evening at 6pm, you can enter for a chance to win 50 free custom photo holiday cards from Shutterfly. Not only are the hundreds of card design options available on Shutterfly perfect for your annual family Christmas cards, but there are tons of other ways to incorporate this holiday gift into your wedding planning process as well! Newly engaged? Send out holiday-themed announcements or save-the-dates! Have a wedding shower or bachelorette party coming up? Use your 50 free photo cards as invites! Recently wed? Send out holiday-themed thank you notes to your family and friends! If you missed last week’s blog post, click HERE to get even more ideas about putting your 50 free Shutterfly cards to use.
How to Enter
The more you do, the more times you’re entered!
- Via Twitter: If you’re not following us already, then go ahead and add @BridesmaidTrade to your Twitter family. Already following us? Then retweet one of our tweets about the giveaway.
- Via Facebook: “Like” the Bridesmaid Trade Facebook page and share the contest link with your own Facebook friends.
- Via Bridesmaid Trade: Have an old bridesmaid dress hanging in your closet? Sell it with Bridesmaid Trade! Each dress posted on our site this week will give you an additional 3 entries into our giveaway.
- Right here on our blog: Comment on any post this week and tell us about a bridesmaid dress experience you’ve had—anything from describing a dress you’ve worn, sharing your dream bridesmaid dress color and design, to telling us about what your bridal party will be wearing.
The winner will be randomly selected and notified via the social media outlet they use to enter shortly after the giveaway closes at 6pm Friday. They will receive a Promo Code good for 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly and as long as the order is placed on or before December 19th, Shutterfly will guarantee delivery in time for Christmas.
We can’t wait to hear from you, so hop on over to Bridesmaid Trade, our Twitter, our Facebook page, or comment here, and enter our Holiday Giveaway!
When it comes to holiday shopping, Thanksgiving marks the calm before the storm. And now added to the lineup of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, when malls and websites across the country explode with shoppers, comes Small Business Saturday, falling on November 27 this year. Joining New York and other major cities in this nationwide campaign, Mayor Thomas M. Menino announced that Boston would join in on Small Business Saturday, a movement to drive shopping dollars to local merchants.
So on this upcoming shopping weekend of epic proportions, where should you go for your wedding day necessities? We’ve put together a list of some of our favorite wedding vendors in the Boston area—and of course there’s no need to wait until Cyber Monday to visit us at Bridesmaid Trade!
- Allure Invitations From custom invitations and announcements to personalized wedding gifts and stationery, Allure Invitations offers beautiful wedding necessities.
- Cakes for Occasions Based in Danvers, Cakes for Occasions is the perfect destination for your wedding or shower cake. From elaborate to simple to a fun cupcake cake, your wedding dessert dreams will be realized here!
- Chive Sustainable Event Design & Catering A big shout out to the savvy women at Chive! Building off of relationships with local farmers, fishermen, and artisans, Chive uses local food and sustainable materials to put on beautiful events all while supporting the Boston community and environment.
- Invitations & Company Specializing in invitations, but also providing place cards, programs, thank you cards, and more, be sure to check out Invitations & Company!
- Jeri Solomon Floral Design For your wedding day flower needs, look no further than Jeri Solomon Floral Design. Run by a founding member of the Boston Wedding Group, this Boston florist is the perfect person to trust with the big day’s flower arrangements.
- L’elite Voted a Best of Boston four years in a row, L’elite Bridal Boutique is your go-to for wedding gowns and accessories. Make sure to visit this boutique on Small Business Saturday to take advantage of their Thanksgiving Sale Event—20% off gowns!
- On Centre No matter who’s on your list — bridesmaids, future-mother-in-law, flower girl — “On Centre” in Jamaica Plain has you covered. The recently-expanded Centre St. favorite offers jewelry, wallets and handbags, fragrances, and beautiful gifts galore. 636 Centre St., Jamaica Plain, 617.522.2255.
- Shoes To Dye For Located in Natick, but also featuring a convenient online store, Shoes to Dye For specialized in dyeable bridal shoes. With tons of styles to choose from, as well as dyeable evening bags and accessories to match, this store is simply to “dye” for!
- Smudge Ink Over in Charlestown, Kate, Deb, and the Smudge Ink team offer beautiful custom design and printing for save-the-dates and invites. Elegant with just a touch of whimsy, announcements from Smudge Ink are sure to impress. Contact Smudge Ink directly for custom orders, or look for their work at select Boston stationery stores in your neighborhood.
- Table Artistry Located at 1514 Beacon Street in Brookline, Table Artistry is the perfect destination for your table décor needs. Offering table numbers, menus, place cards, artistic napkin folds, centerpieces, and everything in between, your wedding table arrangements will look gorgeous in the hands of Table Artistry!
For more information on Small Business Saturday, check out the campaign’s Facebook page. Backed by American Express, there are several incentives for joining the movement (even beyond the fact that small businesses create jobs and boost the economy!). Registered American Express card members who shop at a small business this Saturday will receive a $25 statement credit and participating small businesses can benefit from free advertising and promotional tools in the form of a $100 Facebook Advertising Program credit. So avoid that stampede of shoppers at Target and Best Buy this Black Friday—wait an extra day and support your favorite small businesses this Saturday!
We had a blast Thursday night at Toasts and Posts! Several former bridesmaids joined us to snap pictures of their dresses and post them on the website (um, and snack). We loved getting to see old friends and meet new ones. Just a couple of the lovely new dresses you can find on www.bridesmaidtrade.com…
This lovely J. Crew Erica Dress in Spiced Wine…
or how about this amazing Sophia Tolli dress in magenta…the color is to die for…
or if you’re looking to capture more colors of the season, this “Right Bank” Siri dress in plum at a ridiculously low price.
Purple and her sisters plum, eggplant, spiced wine, and magenta are so hot right now. If you’ve got a fall or winter wedding coming up, this is the place to start!